A few tips and tricks to get your flame burning
When you first light your candle you will want to light it for at least one hour. This ensures the wax pool is meeting the glass and will prevent tunneling *
If your wick has become buried under the wax, carefully remove some wax around the wick and try to retrieve it - I recommend using the back of a spoon!
Make sure you do not burn your candle for more than four hours! This could cause a safety hazard as the glass may get too hot and crack.
There are massive up sides to using up-cycled jars such as helping reduce waste and saving the planet blah blah but one of the downsides is that sometimes it can be a little tricky to light a candle in an unorthodox shaped glass. I would recommend either using a long match or a nifty rechargeable lighter!
Please please please keep these away from your pets and children! My puppy loves a good sniff so I always keep my candles out of nose reach!
If you have any other questions regarding your candle please get in touch! I am more than happy to help and even more curious to know what it is...
* (Tunneling - this is when a small pool of wax has melted around the wick and forms a tunnel like shape resulting in your wick being lost or buried)